Monday, December 6, 2010

Reflection #15: The End is Only the Beginning...


Oh World Politics… It really hasn’t hit me yet that this class is really over. I think that I’ve learned a lot this semester and I know that I’ve grown not only because of the class but also because of the people in the class. I truly believe that being in an academic environment with all of you has made me a better student and person.

I have always talked about schoolwork and classes with my friends and being in this UC has really allowed me to continue to do that. I feel that I usually do my best thinking and learning outside of the classroom and without being put in an environment where I live with all of you, I wouldn’t have been able to do this. Hearing all of your varying opinions has helped to make me into a more open thinker as well as a more critical thinker, and for this, I thank each and every one of you. You have all made me into a better student, one who thinks more deeply about the issues and really validates their claims. You have all been a positive force in my academic life whether we agreed every time or whether we disagreed.

I also know that being part of this type of learning environment has helped make me into a better person. Like I said above, you all have challenged me and helped me grow. The biggest change I have seen in myself, due to the constant push from those with differing opinions and ideas, is my increased willingness to see, understand and acknowledge the other side of the argument. I have always been stubborn and passionate and with those two characteristics, I’ve often found myself simply arguing unproductively with those who disagree with me. Because of you all, I’ve grown to be a more understanding person who, while not giving up her views and beliefs, has come to see that there are two sides to every discussion.

So, World Politics UC, thank you for always challenging me, always pushing me and making me into a better student and person for it. It doesn’t really end here, and I’m happy for that. So, please keep challenging me, please keep pushing me and please continue to make me into a better person than I was the day before. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment