Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reflective Post 15


World Politics has finally ended. That semester flew by, which is surprising since it was our first semester at college. I expected it to go slowly, but alas it did not. Overall, I enjoyed World Politics. It was an interesting class, and it sure taught me a lot about International Relations theory. I thought it was a great first international relations class here at American University. And the fact that PTJ loved sci-fi helped also…

I took a class similar to this in high school. It was a class on just domestic policy, as opposed to international. It too was a discussion based class since we used a teaching style that involved a harkness table (which is basically just a wooden table you all sit around and discuss). So for me World Politics was very similar to this class, except in that class we discussed more controversial issues, and never went to in depth into different topics. What I enjoyed more about World Politics was that we went into more depth in all the different subjects, especially the International Relations theories. I have never been really big into political discussion classes since I am not very well versed in the subject, but I enjoyed the class because when I look back, I realized I have learned a lot.

I am very excited for next semester. My group is awesome, and our topic is very interesting. So all in all, I have to say World Politics was a good time.It had its up and downs, but I am very happy with the amount of information that I learned.

And no this picture doesn't have anything to do with World Politics, but I thought this was funny. woo.


2 comments:

  1. On the contrary. Darth Vader has everything to do with world politics. The rise of the galactic empire and destruction is a brilliant example of how to rule the world. Start a war. Find a scapegoat. Make your people fear them. Destroy them. Use your hero status from destroying the enemy you created to gain ultimate power of your people and expand your empire as you see fit. Sounds a lot like World War II to me....

    ReplyDelete